Welcome to Littleport & East Cambridgeshire Academy
It is a great privilege to welcome you to Littleport & East Cambs Academy.
Our academy is rooted in the heart of the Littleport community and blends the benefits of an innovative modern building with the warmth of a smaller than average secondary school.
We are highly ambitious for our students and aim to develop their potential to the full to help them grow into successful, caring and respectful young people.
In order to achieve this, we have created an inclusive, caring community where all our students are known as individuals, their contributions are valued and they feel supported to achieve the very best they can.
Our motto – “Active learners, active leaders, active citizens” underpins the opportunities for all members of the LECA community to develop their academic and personal progress.
Students are encouraged to approach their learning and development with a growth mindset to overcome the inevitable challenges we face in life and are supported to realise their personal goals and dreams.
To achieve this we have:
- A dedicated and skilled teaching staff of subject-specialists who have frequent opportunities to develop their expertise
- A broad and balanced curriculum that provides our students with a wide range of knowledge and skills to help them pursue their own interests and passions.
- Strong safeguarding and pastoral care provision where promoting the positive mental health of our students is a key priority
- An extensive range of extra-curricular opportunities to develop students personally, broaden horizons and inspire talents.
- A strong focus on student leadership through the student council, subject leader positions, the prefect system and running clubs for other students
- A well-developed careers provision with access to work experience and a fully qualified careers advisor
Lauren Phillips – Principal (April 2022)