We know ourselves that many students will remember extra-curricular activities long into their adult lives and these experiences can be life changing. At LECA, we have a range of enrichment activities available to all students, complementing the learning that takes place in the more formal curriculum. The vast majority of these opportunities are linked to curriculum mapping whilst others will be ‘one-off’ events and visits. Examples include:
· The Arts – Theatre, Cinema and Museum visits, Cambridge University Visit. Music Workshops, Christmas Showcase and Christmas
Carol production, several touring Theatre Companies visits, Clay Workshop, Creative Writing Competition and live performances from
· Educational Visits and Field Trips – Framlingham Castle, Ski Trip, Activities Week.
· Visiting Experts – Professional Footballers, Best Selling Authors, Mental Health and Wellbeing Specialists.
· Interest Groups – Art, Drama, Dance, Cooking, Spanish, Chess, Law.
· Sports – Fixtures, Clubs and Training.
· Special Activities Temporary suspension of timetable for – Brass Funkies, TalkFreEly, Demon Barbers.
· Engineering and STEM – Kings School Partnership – Building Robots, Race for the Line, STEM Innovation Day, Visits to
Big Bang and National Space Centre.
· Charity Work – 12 Hours of Sport and Dorset Walk, East Anglian Air Ambulance Summer Fete, Jon Egging Trust,
Scotties Little Soldiers, Foodbank Parcels, Children in Need.
· Community Work – Littleport Remembrance Parade, Park Run, 4D Dance, Pop Up Church, Littleport Players Theatre.
· Careers – Careers Exhibition and Fair, Skills Service Unifrog, Cambridge Corpus Christi and University Visit, Employability Workshops, Wickes Workshop and Army Cadets Partnership.
Forthcoming Trips/Activities/Events can be found on our webpage here.
Our extra curricular offer include lunch time and after school activities.
Activities can be updated Half Termly/Termly. Students are updated via a weekly Student Bulletin.
Autumn Term 2022